Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Module ? Lovin' Wiki


There is a question mark in the title because I honestly do not remember which module we are on in class. Even though, I have looked at the directions page for this module at least a dozen times. My only excuse for this memory loss: After this week of wiki madness, I have brain fatigue.

I truly love these wikis. After viewing every group’s wiki I can say with certainty, that I now understand the reason a lot of libraries don't have one. These things are work! ... Full time jobs! ... Toddlers! They take as much time to care for as toddlers! Even in a group of six people this wiki seemed like a lot of work. From what I have seen on the web, most libraries can barely keep their Facebook pages current. How would they keep a wiki up-to-date?

Now that all the rant is out of my system, I can list the good things about wikis. The sky is the limit. I wanted to add something extra to my page. I thought I would finally go buy Photoshop and do a cool "Welcome to my page" icon, but I got lazy ... and cheap (Price of Photoshop). I could have downloaded some free application (Check out Gimp, I like what I see). I finally decided to add a sound file to my page. PB works makes it easy, since they allow plug ins within their page editing. If you don't know what page I'm taking about click here. I had a friend listen to the file and she said it was funny T_T. *sigh* Oh well, I tried.

After viewing the comments about group alpha's wiki, I decided to add a Tweens page at the last minute. A few people commented that it was odd we didn't have one since every other age group was covered in the wiki. So, now we're complete! I almost wish we uploaded our sites earlier so we could give each other feedback. But as usual, (for me anywayz) it all comes together at the eleventh hour.

1 comment:

  1. Wikis are definitely a lot of work! It takes you five minutes to read them but much much longer to create them. Same with podcasts and other web 2.0 tools.

    I like how you took everyone's suggestion and added a tween page at the last minute. This also demonstrates how easy it is to add to a wiki very quickly, or change something around if need be.

    ReplyDelete