Followers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thing 6 Online networks

This post will be about Facebook. I state this now so that you can stop reading here us Facebook bores you. Anyway, the only online network I use id Facebook. Well, that's not true I also love delicious.com. My professors usually have a delicious page dedicated to their courses. It's were we get required readings or just interesting tidbits of information. But usually we use it for online references. Half of  my favorites are delicious pages. That's excessive, I know. Oh, I lied again. I said this was going to be about Facebook. I have to believe you are used to it by now. I'm working on the grammar as well. How am I doing so far? Good? Good!

Don't be weirded out by the fact that I ask rhetorical questions ... a lot. I'm a you tube junkie and a lot of the tubers start their vids of with some type of rhetorical question. So, I'm a copy cat. I wonder if some time in the future copyright laws will extend to you tube and how tubers start off their vids. Honestly, with the way trademark laws are going with the Internet, I can't say I'd be surprised. Okay, I am super off topic. Let's bring it back.

Facebook. I use it. Honestly, I have just begun to discover its full potential. There are so many organization pages. Not only am I a fan of my library but I can also be a fan of the not for profits I support. And yes, I am now a fan of 23 Things for Professional Development. (I am now 100% comfortable with inserting links! All Hail, the Magnificent Queen Techie Wizard!) I like that whenever I check my facebook, I can see the newsfeeds. I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends. There is nothing business like about my facebook page. Not that any lewd and lucivious behaviors are documented in my profile pictures but there aren't any pictures with me in a suit either. (No swim suit pictures either. I am aware of the magic of Photoshop.) My Facebook page is purely about fun and growth and development.

I have "liked" several interesting groups that I continually follow. If not for those groups or organization pages, I probably would have deleted Facebook. Delicious.com is something I frequent in a time of need. What was that link to that agency for that thing? This question and many others are easily answered if i keep my page up to date and add to it. The site is just an online bookmark saver. It saves the links of the websites in "the cloud". You just log on and access your favorites/bookmarks list. I realize that delicious.com probably doesn't count as a network but it's still pretty neat. 

Unrelated note: I am going to try and learn some French words. I've tried most of my years, up to now, to learn Spanish and I still can't speak it. Keep in mind, I live in an area were I hear many different dialects of Spanish everyday, so I really have no excuse except that I am terrible at it. And since I refuse to believe that I am just terrible at learning a new language in general, I choose to believe that maybe I just can't learn Spanish. So let's try French. Any ideas on places to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment